Tuesday, May 31, 2011

U4-U8 Soccer is on for May 31st

The forecast is for clear skies tonight, so soccer is on for tonight, May 31st.

Parents please note that the mosquitos are out in full force this year due to the wet spring. If your child is particularly susceptible to bug bites, it might be a good idea to apply some bug spray for tonight's games.

See everyone on the field,

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Soccer Cancelled for May 26th - U4-U8

I think it's safe to say that there will be no soccer for the U4-U8's tonight, with the rain showing no signs of letting up.

My apologies for the confusion about Tuesday, May24th. My original understanding was that I was only to post if soccer was cancelled. I realize now that with nights like Tuesday where the weather isn't perfect, this approach can be confusing.

So, from now on, I will be sure to post something every day on soccer nights at 3pm, rain or shine! Hopefully this will help everyone moving forward.

Thanks again for your patience.


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

U8 Coaches Meeting - Next Game(when the rains stops!)

I menat to post this before I left for vacation ... it is very nice here in Hawaii ;-) ... but could all the U8 coaches meet 15 minutes before the next game (looking at the Calgary weather and rain seems to be in the near and long term forecast) to discuss potential changes to the teams. Now that a couple of games have been played, it is obvious that a couple of teams are significantly stronger than others and some parents have asked for some changes to make it fun for everyone. I think the coaches have a pretty good idea how to modify the teams so I am leaving it up to you guys!



Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19th Soccer U4-U8 cancelled for tonight

We've been keeping an eye on the weather, and the forecast has just been changed to thunderstorm warning for early evening.

The fields are very wet, so it's best that we cancel U4-U8 soccer for tonight!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Soccer Start CANCELLED due to storms!

Well, I'm definitely being tested on my first night...

We've decided to cancel tonight's Soccer night due to these unpredictable thunderstorms and cold weather.

My apologies for calling this so late - I'm learning!

Thursday's weather report looks really good, so we should be fine for then.


We're a GO for tonight's first soccer night

The sun has come out, and it's warming up nicely outside so we are ready for the first Rosedale soccer night for 2011.

Coaches, please meet me at the side of the Rosedale Community Centre near the tennis courts where I will provide you with your equipment bag. U4 Coaches will be met at 5:45, and U6/U8 coaches at 6:15pm.

Please don't forget to check the Snack Schedule posted on the left; I believe all the coaches are providing snack on the first night.

See you tonight,

Keeping an eye on the weather for May 3rd start!

Hi all,

I'm keeping an eye on the weather this afternoon, and will make a call about cancelling tonight's first soccer night at 3pm.

The Weather Office is calling for chances of thunderstorms, but clearing in the evening so we'll see what happens in the next hour.

Please bear with me, as this is my first time making the calls to cancel or not. I know we're all eager to get out on the soccer field!